Hard Surface Inspector School*
Inspectors Class Fees: $1395.00
FCITS CCIA Members: $1350.00
- Our Hard surface classes will include a tour of Shaw's Laminate Plant and their new Installation Procedures and defects training facility. The different ways laminate floors are made and installed.
- Wood Floor: what to look for on a wood inspection and the proper procedures on engineered and solid linoleum, vinyl, rubber, rotogravure vinyl, inlaid vinyl
- Ceramics, stones, in all phases of manufacturing, installation.
- Claim handling, report writing, marketing.
- Tools needed to do the job right.
- Sub floor/substrate preparation, concrete, wood or plywood, approved and non-approved along with levelers and patch, etc.
- This course covers a lot for 5 days. It is a start to the world of hard surface inspections.
Become a Certified Floor Inspector IN CANADA
The demand for certified floor inspectors is increasing, so to help fill that demand in the industry and provide opportunities for those interested in learning a new trade, NFCA and BCFCA have partnered with the Floor Consultants and Inspection Training Service (FCITS) of Dalton, Georgia, to host a five-day Floor Inspectors Certification course in Surrey, BC. This is a first for B.C.
There is no better time to consider this new vocation. Learning on this side of the border will save you about $2500.
FCITS President Ken Downey, educator
Location: #2 - 19299 94th Avenue, Surrey, BC. V4N4E6
Dates: March 13 to 17, 2017
Times: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day
Cost: BCFCA Member $2425 + GST /person
Non member: $2625 + GST/ person
Class is limited to the first 20 to Register. There are 5 spaces left available. Contact Denise Rowse at email@example.com or Chris Maskell at Chrism@nfca.ca to register
Lunch and breaks included
Parking at side or rear of building
This intense, five-day course will cover both Carpet and Hard Surface floor coverings. Those students who pass the course will acquire the FCITS designation.
Course content includes:
• Manufacturing issues
• Installation issues
• Moisture emissions in concrete slabs
• ASTM standards for concrete moisture testing
• Proper testing for ASTM F1869-16 and ASTM F2170-16
• ASTM - pH and alkalinity testing
• Testing for floor flatness
• All installation procedures for carpet, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, LVT/LVP, ceramic tile and stone
• Carpet yarn and fibers, cleaning, maintenance, and the manufacturing process
• Inspection tools and how to use them
• Inspector protocols and how to write an inspection report
|BRAND NEW FCITS ADVANCED INSPECTOR CERTIFICATION COURSE
FCITS is excited to announce we have recently leased a 2000 sq. ft. warehouse attached to our Offices in Dalton GA and have added every Flooring surface training Mock-ups in order to provide this NEW and ADVANCED Inspector Certification to our Certification school.
May 10-12 Cost: $950 (includes all materials, Lunch, Exam and Hands On Training)
Must be a Certified FCITS Inspector to attend. This class is Limited to the first 20 attendees to register.
Class has been accepted and audited by Major Manufacturers, who will be attending the course in May as well
Course materials covered:
• Sheet Vinyl
• Proper Use of Moisture Meters
• Hardwood Flooring-Problems, Causes and Cures, Kiln Drying
• Advanced Report Writing and Issues Manufacturers see in Reports
Speakers/Trainers will include:
• Ken Downey
(And a few more, still working in the schedule)
Re-certification Course by E-mail
This re-certification course is a program completely online. While trying to find the answers you will see and learn new information. We will e-mail the test.
PLEASE... IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU
MAINTAIN YOUR CERTIFICATION!!
Certified Claims Inspectors Association, CCIA
- Certified Claims Inspection Assoc. is a 2 year membership that includes a listing on the FCITS WEB Site. The listing will include your inspection credentials. The site is free to all in need of consulting services or inspections. As a CCIA member, you'll receive technical information and help on inspections, report writing and more. Future classes will be offered at a discount.
The CCIA Registry is a listing of Certified Inspectors in North America current with Flooring Industry Standards and Regulations. This referral service is free to manufacturers, distributors, retailers/dealers (Home Depot and Lowes), installers, cleaners, yarn producers, adhesive suppliers, cushion manufacturers, architects, interior designers, insurance companies, contractors, attorneys, consumers, restaurants, hospitals, municipalities, government facilities, schools, property management companies, national accounts and other associates. FCITS does offer other inspection services. Please contact the office for further information.
- Membership Fees
Individual Membership Fee: $300.00 for 2 years
Corporate Membership Fee: $450.00 for 2 years
- Corporate Membership: this is for a business that will be sending more than one person for certification, they will get discounts for anyone that comes to class and you can get corporate listing in our Registry.
- A 50% deposit is required, Visa, Mastercard, or checks are accepted.
- Cancellation must occur at least 2 weeks prior to class, or the deposit will not be refunded.