Number of fast food restaurants in Canada
If you purchase a report that is updated in the next 60 days, we will send you the new edition and data extract FREE!
The leading players in fast food focused on upgrading their offer in 2015. This was due to growing consumer demand for high-quality, healthy and ethical options and a growing interest in local provenance. A&W for example switched to organic and Fairtrade coffee across its chain in January 2015, while also emphasising the environmentally-friendly nature of many of its suppliers. The chain also rolled out a new "hip nostalgia" store format specifically designed to appeal to millennials. Tim Hortons meanwhile increased its focus on health, with TV advertising highlighting healthier options such as its Egg White Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich. McDonald’s meanwhile sought to fend off growing competition from smaller premium burger fast food chains such as Five Guys with its launch of the premium Mighty Angus burger produced from 100% Angus beef from Canadian farms.
Restaurant Brands International was the leading player in fast food in 2015 with a strong value share of 28%. This company was created at the end of 2014, when Tim Hortons Inc and Burger King merged, thus becoming the world's third-largest consumer foodservice company. This company thus became the dominant player in bakery products fast food with 65% value share in the year, while ranking fourth in burger fast food with 4% share.
A focus on healthier and more ethical ingredients is expected to remain a key trend in fast food in Canada in the forecast period. Many chains have notably announced plans to transition to cage-free Canadian eggs by 2020-2025, including McDonald’s, Cara Operations and, MTY Food Group. By 2018, McDonald’s meanwhile plans to offer only antibiotic-free chicken, while the company will also begin to shift beef purchases to suppliers certified by the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef from 2016. From February 2016, A&W meanwhile launched bacon made from antibiotic-free pork and containing no artificial ingredients, with this being a first in North American fast food.
Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Why buy this report?
Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders. Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats. Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions.
Delivery: Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fast Food industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fast Food industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fast Food in Canada market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Fast Food in Canada?
- What are the major brands in Canada?
- Which type of fast food (burger fast food, chicken fast food, Asian fast food etc.) is expecting the greatest level of growth over the next five years?
- Do Fast Casual restaurants have a presence in Canada?
- What are fast food chains doing to attract consumers during non-traditional day-parts?
Why buy this report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- https://trustedbrokerslist.com new cftc banned binary options and forex brokers.